International Christmas Charity Bazaar
ICCB 2023 Celebrates
21 Years of Giving Together
The International Christmas Charity Bazaar 2023 celebrates 21 Years of Giving Together on December 2d at Vilniaus Rotušė (Didžioji g. 31, Vilnius 01128), inside Vilnius Town Hall and outside in Town Hall Square. Last year we were able to raise 64 287 EUR for charities in Lithuania.
All funds collected have been awarded to six charity beneficiaries: Lietuvos Aklųjų ir Silpnaregių Ugdymo Centras, Vilnius Social Club, the National M.K.Čiurlionis School of Art Ballet Department, Gravitas Schola, VšĮ, Society for Disabled People in Kupiškis, and Traksėdžių Šilojų School.
Photos of the event and handover ceremony are available on the ICCB Facebook page!
And we are happy to introduce ICCB selected beneficiaries 2023:
- Vilniaus lietaus vaikai asociacija: Efforts are directed towards establishing an outdoor garden with sensory elements, such as a terrace, sensory walls, pathways, and a variety of plants, to facilitate interactive activities for children with sensory needs.
- Paparčių šv.Juozapo šeimos namai: In the new house, they intend to develop a garden with swings and other play areas for children. In the old house, addressing insufficient insulation on the second floor is essential to improve warmth and reduce energy consumption, especially during the winter.
- Tverų dienos centras: The replacement of the front door visor (canopy) and the repair of staircases/internal doors required their own financial contributions to practically furnish all rooms and provide conditioning. Regrettably, there wasn't enough funding for the replacement of the old Soviet-era doors, which poses a risk of heat loss—a situation they aim to address with our support.
- LASS šiaurės rytų centras: The renovation of a heating point, which has not been updated since its installation 30 years ago, will be necessary.
- Vilniaus lopšelis- darželis Coluikė: Implementation of sensory equipment for both indoor and outdoor spaces, encompassing materials, furniture, appliances, and installation. The primary emphasis is on acquiring an outdoor play complex to promote children's motor skill development, with a secondary consideration for a versatile sensory ball pool designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Vaiku Linija: This project aims to create 10 short videos, each 5-10 minutes in duration, featuring discussions between teenagers and professionals on topics relevant to children and adolescents. The teenage interviewers are part of Child Line's youth advisory team. Key interview subjects include eating disorders, electronic cigarette risks, cyberbullying, self-realization, time management, parent and peer relationships, and addressing suicidal thoughts.
- Viešoji įstaiga Senjorų socialines globos namai: The facility has 7 specialized units for elderly individuals with diverse disabilities. We visited a unit primarily serving those with dementia, where residents spend leisure time. Their goal is to renovate this space, including new flooring, wall painting, and furniture replacement.
- Vijos Centras: Outdoor wheelchair-accessible swing intended for the specialized nursing and social care home on Juozapavicius Avenue, Kaunas. This unit offers services to 4 children and 34 young people characterized by profound disabilities, 95% of whom rely on wheelchairs for mobility.
The International Christmas Charity Bazaar (ICCB), organised by the International Women’s Association of Vilnius (IWAV) in cooperation with the international diplomatic and business communities and Lithuanian friends, has for twenty one consecutive year been the unofficial start to the Christmas season.
Altogether, the ICCB has raised more than 1million euros for the benefit Lithuanian charities since 2003. More than 40 Embassies and organisations participate each year, joining hundreds of volunteers and IWAV members in the organisation of the event.
Hundreds of contributors help the organisers prepare hand-made crafts, souvenirs and Christmas treats for the Bazaar. These gifts are offered in exchange for a donation to the beneficiaries, who are carefully vetted and selected by the organizing committee. Visitors to the event can participate in a lottery to win exciting prizes donated by sponsors and enjoy live entertainment, as they search for unusual and traditional gifts from around the world. 100% of the money collected at the Christmas Bazaar and related activities is donated to the beneficiaries.
Altogether, the ICCB has raised more than 1.2 million euros for the benefit Lithuanian charities since 2003. More than 40 Embassies and organisations participate each year, joining hundreds of volunteers and IWAV members in the organisation of the event.
Who Can Apply For Support
Each year the Organising Committee of the ICCB selects beneficiaries from among registered Lithuanian public institutions in order to support improvements in the lives of children, women, and the elderly without the means to help themselves.
We welcome applications for support from registered Lithuanian public institutions serving children, women, and the elderly, who have formed a close working partnership with the municipality for the purpose of addressing the particular hardships these groups face over the long term. Ideally, we would like to support projects which make a lasting contribution towards improvements in the lives of the disadvantaged and ill.
How To Apply
To apply for support, please fill out the form below and contact the ICCB Committee by e-mail: email@example.com.
Applications will be received and reviewed by the ICCB Charity Sub-Committee which creates a shortlist based on the published Selection Criteria. Members of the Organising Committee will visit potential beneficiaries in order to consider their applications in more detail. Applicants will then be contacted to inform them of whether their application has been successful. Exact amounts of each donation will be determined only after the Bazaar – dependent on the gathered available funds.
We are accepting applications for the 2023 Bazaar, please complete and submit this form before June 30th 2023: